When I worked at a fast food restaurant, I did a social experiment.
One day, I asked “do you want a girl toy or a boy toy?” No one went against gender roles.
The next day, it was “do you want a doll toy or a car toy?” Boys got dolls. Girls got cars.
Vocabulary is important.
Please reblog or like if you feel a teacher’s negative behaviour towards you has ever brought your grade down or caused you to lose interest in a class.
This would really help me with a research project I’m starting.
lemme tell you a thing, I had to take junior history twice because of this
I failed to pass year 12 twice because of this. My teacher “lost my assignment” both years. I just gave up and quit
the fact that people say Finchel wasn’t an abusive couple because Finn never used physical violence towards Rachel clearly shows they have no idea what an abusive relationship is
Anyone who dismisses her as eye candy didn’t watch the same movie I did, and ought to go sit in a corner and think about their misogyny.
I mean, god, it’s the little things. That “who do you want me to be?” she asks Steve while they’re in the car is just so raw. This is a woman whose entire life has been defined by ‘who do you want me to be?’ and so she falls back on it because she has nothing else left. And Steve doesn’t buy into the trap and just says “how about a friend?”
And god, her face when she thought Nick Fury was dying. The sheer level of silent devastation she’s trying not to show and failing.
I just cannot get seeing this moving and not seeing Natasha. Because if you just dismiss her as eye candy, that’s what you’re doing (I’m looking at you, several male reviewers).
Today’s list of standout Natasha moments (it varies):
- Reaction to Nick’s death.
- Reaction to NIck’s not being dead (she looks so wounded under the physical pain and confusion).
- Suiting up and infiltrating the WSC meeting with Pierce with a gunshot wound to her shoulder.
- Speaking of that, saving their asses shortly after getting said GSW, using a heavy piece of equipment even while she could barely stand.
- Using the widow’s bite on herself.
- That moment where she pauses to gird her emotional loins before she respond’s to Pierce’s jab about the world seeing her as she is (which it wouldn’t, because of course who she is and how she is is not what she’s done).
- The steely-eyed, contained anger bubble gum snap. (Most bad-ass use of bubble gum ever.)
#scarlett johansson is a remarkably pretty woman #and it continues to piss me off that basically as soon as she turned 18 #that was all reviewers could see about her #even though by that age she’d already proven herself to be a damn good actress as well #and it’s not like her talent had an expiration date #the moment she was a legal adult
have you ever been sexually attracted to a voice
Alex Fucking Vause
Regina Fucking Mills
Callie Fucking Torres
Angie Fucking Harmon
Cosima Fucking Niehaus
Kathryn Fucking Prescott
Dianna Fucking Agron
“I would love it if Regina had a big brother”